As construction on the new state-of-the-art Lexington Elementary School building begins, we’re looking to students and staff to help construct the school’s personality. The district is opening up the opportunity for students in grades 6 through 12 and all district employees to submit a design for the school’s mascot: the Lexington Eagle.
Have an idea about what the Lexington Eagle could look like? We’d love see it! This opportunity to be part of history is open to Kelso School District students in grades 6-12 and all district employees.
- Hand or computer illustrated on 11×17 white paper/canvas (scale to fit the page)
- Color – please keep school colors in mind (hunter green, silver, black)
- Full body or head only – artist’s choice
- Value considerations: friendly, strong, confident
- “Lexington Eagles” can be incorporated in the design if artist so chooses
- Submit artwork by Monday, October 14th to an art teacher or Molly Guler in the District Office
- A committee of stakeholders will narrow the field to the top three. Beacon Hill and Catlin students and the Kelso community will be able to vote for their favorite of the top three. Kelso School District Cabinet will make the final decision.
- All artwork will be kept by the district and may be used and/or published (credit will be given)
- Monday, September 23 – Monday, October 14: open for submissions
- Thursday, October 17: Committee selects top three
- Thursday, October 24: Finalists announced
- Thursday, October 24 – Monday, October 28: Voting open
- Monday, November 4: Voting results shared with cabinet
- Monday, November 18: Final decision presented at board meeting
Have questions? Contact: Lacey DeWeert Assoc. Director of Teaching & Learning firstname.lastname@example.org (360)501-1926