Choice Forms for 2020-2021
accepted starting Feb 4th, 2020
CHOICE/TRANSFER REQUEST FORMS
The Kelso School District Board of Directors recognizes that each student in the district is required to attend the school designated for the geographic attendance area in which he or she resides. As population and enrollment shifts within the district, changes in attendance areas or transfer of students may become necessary.
A parent or guardian may request that their child be allowed to attend another school in the district. Requests must be submitted to Director of Student Services Office using one of the forms listed below. Secondary students who request attendance area transfers are subject to the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association’s eligibility rules.
Parents can submit their Choice/Boundary Exception form online at the transfer request portal or by completing a hard copy of one of the forms listed below and mailing it to Kelso School District, c/o Student Services Dept, 601 Crawford St, Kelso WA 98626.
- If you live within the Kelso School District boundaries, but would like you student to attend a different school in Kelso, complete an In-District Boundary Exception form.
- If you do not live within the Kelso School District boundaries, but would like you student to attend a school in Kelso, complete a Choice Transfer Request form.
- If you live within the Kelso School District boundaries, but would like to provide your student with home-based instruction, complete a Declaration of Intent to Provide Home-Based Instruction form.
- If you are providing home-based instruction but would like your student to remain enrolled part-time, also complete a Request for Part-Time Attendance form.
Students that qualify for services under the McKinney Vento Homeless Education Act shall be exempt from attendance area transfers. Please contact the Student Services office at 360.501.1905 with questions.
Students that are eligible for Special Education Services are subject to attendance area transfers in accordance with their Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Any denial of a transfer request may be appealed to the Director of Students Services for the purposes of resolution. Further request for Review of Appeal will be made to the Superintendent. Parents retain final rights to appeal to OSPI.
- Kelso School District Appeal Process/Form
How do I find my school for my address?