For questions or assistance, please contact
Amy DeLaGrange at:
360.501.1905 or email at .

Photo of Amy DeLaGrange.




The Kelso School District Board of Directors recognizes that each student in the district is required to attend the school designated for the geographic attendance area in which he or she resides. As population and enrollment shifts within the district, changes in attendance areas or transfer of students may become necessary.

A parent or guardian may request that their child be allowed to attend another school in the district. Requests must be submitted to Director of Student Services Office using one of the forms listed below. Secondary students who request attendance area transfers are subject to the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association’s eligibility rules.

Parents can submit their Choice/Boundary Exception form online at the transfer request portal or by completing a hard copy of one of the forms listed below and mailing it to Kelso School District, c/o Student Services Dept, 601 Crawford St, Kelso WA  98626.

Students that qualify for services under the McKinney Vento Homeless Education Act shall be exempt from attendance area transfers. Please contact the Student Services office at 360.501.1905 with questions.

Students that are eligible for Special Education Services are subject to attendance area transfers in accordance with their Individual Education Plan (IEP).


Any denial of a transfer request may be appealed to the Director of Students Services for the purposes of resolution. Further request for Review of Appeal will be made to the Superintendent. Parents retain final rights to appeal to OSPI.

School map