|Do you find yourself in between housing ?|
If you do, you are not alone! The last several years has been a challenge. Many youth and families have been forced into different living situations than they are accustomed to. If you or your family find yourselves in one of the following situations, you may qualify for extra assistance under the federal McKinney-Vento Act.
Please remember that you are not alone. Last year over 27,000, students and families in the state of Washington found themselves in one of these situations.
Examples of services you may be entitled to:
- Living in a shelter, motel, vehicle, campground, on the street; or
- In an abandoned building, trailer or other inadequate accommodation; or
- Doubled up with friends or relatives because you cannot afford housing.
Found here is an optional housing questionnaire that can be completed and returned to your student’s school office if you believe you will qualify for extra support. In you need assistance in completing this form or have any questions, please contact: Nancy Baldwin, Family Support Specialist, Kelso School District at (360-501-1933) for further information or if we can help you in any way.
- Free transportation to your current school (even if you move out of town).
- Automatic qualification for free lunch and breakfast.
- Assistance in overcoming other barriers caused by your living situation.
- Financial Aid assistance for students heading to college.