Dear Kelso School District Families~
Student and staff safety and well-being are top priorities of Kelso School District. To this end, I wanted to give you a quick update on the COVID-19 situation.
We continue to be in regular contact with Cowlitz County and SW Washington health officials and as of this writing, there are no confirmed cases of the virus in Cowlitz County or SW Washington. For now, Kelso will continue operating on normal schedules. Please keep in mind that this is a constantly evolving situation. We are continuously monitoring the situation and updating our contingency plans related to COVID-19. Should there be any changes in this status, we will inform you as soon as feasible.
Meanwhile, the best thing you can do is:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly and often
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
3. Avoid handshaking and high fives
4. Stay away from work and public places if you become sick
For more information, visit:
- Washington State Department of Health (DOH)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) resources and information
- Educational Service District (ESD) 112
I understand that this issue is at the top of all of our minds and please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions.
Mary Beth Tack
Kelso School District