Are you in between housing? If you or your family find yourselves in one of the following situations, you may qualify for extra assistance under the federal McKinney-Vento Act.
- Children and youth sharing housing due to loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason
- Children and youth living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camp grounds due to lack of alternative accommodations
- Children and youth living in emergency or transitional shelters
- Children and youth abandoned in hospitals
- Children and youth whose primary nighttime residence is not ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation (e.g. park benches, etc)
- Children and youth living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations.
If you are, you are not alone. Last year over 200 students in Kelso and over 27,000 students in the state of Washington found themselves in one of these situations.
For assistance, please compete our housing questionnaire and return to your school secretary. For assistance on completing the form, or questions you may have, please contact Quincy Richard, Family Support Specialist at 360.751.8791 or email @ email@example.com.