New Student Online Enrollment (K-12)

Welcome to Kelso School District's student enrollment page

The following programs require a separate approval process for enrollment and are NOT available through New Student Online Enrollment. Please contact the building registrar for enrollment in these specialized programs.

  • Kelso Virtual Academy
  • Loowit High School
  • Kelso GOLD

Please follow the instructions below for KINDERGARTEN and New Student Enrollment

Note: Current students in the district do not have to enroll 

(For Example- Elementary students will automatically be enrolled by the district to middle school and 8th grade students will automatically be enrolled by the district to the high school)

Please have REQUIRED documentation ready to upload. Enrollment cannot be completed without required documentation.

To enroll your child in Kelso School District, register online through Skyward Family Access.

*You can find out which school your child will attend by searching for your address in the SchoolSite Locator

Required Documentation for online enrollment

During the enrollment process, you MUST upload the required documentation. Students cannot enroll without the required documentation. If you do not have access to a photo or scan of the required documents, you will need to bring a copy to the school when you meet with the school secretary or high school registrar.

Required documents include:

1. Completed IMMUNIZATION RECORDS: WA State Cert. of Immunization Status form (or submit a Personal/Religious Exemption form)


3. WITHDRAW GRADES from previous school for grades 6-12

4. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS from all previous schools for grades 9-12

5. For KINDERGARTEN students enrolling in the district one of the following is required:

  • Birth Certificate, Passport, Baptismal Certificate or Adoption Decree
  • To enroll in KINDERGARTEN, child must be 5 years old before Sept. 1

6. Proof of Residency Documentation (one of the following)

  • Cowlitz County Assessor website (Showing parents/guardians as owners of property with a home on the property)
  • Lease or Rental Agreement, AND one of the following
  • Current Utility bill with a full month charge (Cowlitz County PUD)
  • Current Telephone bill (land line, not wireless)
  • DSHS documentation for applying for benefits or receiving benefits at the address
If you are purchasing a home or building a home, you will need to fill out and submit your boundary paperwork to the District Office

Acceptable proof includes:

  • Final closing papers with move in date/commitment papers
  • Acceptance contract from seller with closing date
  • Building permit from Cowlitz County and a general contractor contract with completion date and move-in date
  • Purchase agreement contract from the bank
  • DSHS documentation for applying for benefits or receiving benefits at the address

Not Acceptable Proof of Pending Residency:
  • Title insurance just showing plot of land cleared and purchased