With the closing of Catlin and Beacon Hill Elementary Schools next fall and the new addition of Lexington Elementary School, boundary adjustments to a portion of the district have become necessary for the 2021-2022 school year.
The Kelso School District will attempt to accommodate all in-district and out-of-district transfers during this boundary adjustment process. In-district choice requests for the Barnes, Catlin, Lexington, or Wallace Elementary Schools will be considered in the order below.
- Students who previously attended the school on an in-district transfer.
- Students who have years of prior attendance at the requested school.
- Whether space is available in the grade level classes at the requested school.
- Students who meet all district transfer requirements for enrollment in the requested school.
- Keeping siblings of the same residence together at the same school.
- Other special hardship or detrimental condition affecting the student.
If you would like to attend Barnes, Catlin, Lexington, or Wallace Elementary Schools next year and currently live outside the boundary of the requested school, please complete the choice form and return by December 4th, 2020 for initial consideration. Please see the following letter (spanish) that was sent to all families on 10.29.2020 for additional information .
If you have any questions about this process or what needs to be completed, please contact your school principal/office or the Student Services Department at the District Office.
Additional information on the boundary review process can be found on the KSD website @ www.kelsosd.org, under Menu, scroll down to “About Kelso”.